Sunday 26 August 2012

New Boss





They warned me my new boss was
intimidating.
The CEO was an elegant lady that
was all business.
She was thin as a rail and half a head
taller then me.
Smartly dressed in an navy blue
tailored business suit.
She had stoic sharp chiseled features.
Her words were clipped and she had
a low sounding male voice.
She wanted to know all about me
and stoically sat and listened.
There wasn't a hint of a smile on her
face when I told her I was a perpetrator
of puns.
After ten minutes, she stood to signal
the interview was over.
Jumping to my feet, I was glad to
leave.
She took my hand and stared straight
into my eyes.
A subtle soft smile cut across her face
as I walked out the door.





Biography

Mike Berger is an MFA, PhD. He is a retired and writes poetry and short stories full
time. He has been writing poetry for less than two years. His work appear in seventy-one
journals. He has published two books of short stories and seven poetry chapbooks, He
is a member of The Academy of American Poets. poetry chapbooks, He is a member of
The Academy of American Poets.

No comments:

Post a Comment